Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Manager I
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Construction Manager I for Chattanooga.
The Construction Manager I is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting multiple projects, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel. These activities are related to the construction and maintenance of transportation projects. Maintains communication between client, inspectors, and engineers for progress reports and problem resolution. Ensures projects are completed on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Determines labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites
- Prepare and give presentations
- Directs and supervises the work of colleagues on the construction sites
- Studies job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Communicates with inspectors regarding proper interpretation of specifications
- Responds to client suggestions and complaints on a timely basis and ensures resolution of such suggestions and complaints
- Maintains communication with client regarding progress and project issues
- Resolves contractual disputes between owner and contractor
- Implements and maintains quality control programs
- Engages in self-education and training in order to keep up with current industry trends and changes
- Performs responsibilities consistent with ethical engineering standards in the company handbook
- Writes staff reports, letters, and reports on construction activities at office or at job site if needed
- Performs any other duties or responsibilities as assigned
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with four years of experience OR
- Technical school graduate with six years of experience (some experience specifically in Construction Management)
- Possession of a valid state-issued Driver’s License and required auto insurance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- General knowledge of state and/or local construction and building guidelines
General knowledge of construction practices relating to roadway reconstruction, rehabilitation, and pavement management
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.