Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRCR/KCVU, in Redding/Chico, is searching for an energetic and engaging evening news anchor. The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who thrives on breaking news, field anchoring, and winning the big story. Our anchors also help mentor and grow younger staff, write and edit copy and lead the way in digital and social media.
Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Exceptional handling of live breaking news
- Strong writing skills for broadcast and web
- Outstanding editorial skills
- Sharp wit and positive energy
- The ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate story ideas on a daily basis
- The ability to be a command presence on the desk and in the field
- Exemplary communication skills
- The ability to work under deadlines
- A proven leader and outstanding newsroom citizen
- Maintains active presence on social media platforms
- Delivers scripted material and ad-lib situations with energy, personality, and professionalism
- Understands the importance of digital and social media inside a newscast
- Strong journalistic and ethical skill sets
- The ability to coach and lead staff
- At least 2 years of previous anchoring experience
- A degree in journalism is related field is preferred, but equivalent experience will also be considered
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!