Signal Energy Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Advisor - Australia
at Signal Energy Constructors
# of openings:
Signal Energy Australia is a full service design/build contractor providing Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services for renewable energy projects across Australia. In the recent 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list, as published by Solar Power World, we were the #8 contractor in North America. We are a Values based company and we are guided by a set of Core Principles. Every action we take, every decision we make, is guided by our Core Principles and Core Purpose of harnessing creative energies. We have a strong pipeline of business, and the growth we are experiencing is exciting.
Our Company is searching for a Site Safety Advisor for Solar Projects. Our Corporate office is located in Manly, NSW; however the position will require temporary relocation to work on the project sites for extended periods of time.
Reports to: Safety Manager
Works closely with: Project Manager, Construction Manager, Superintendents, Owners, & Subcontractors
Activities/ Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Acts as an advocate for Signal Energy by promoting all company policies and procedures and promoting a positive attitude towards the goals of each project. Must represent Signal Energy professionally with clients, subcontractors, local officials, and others at all times.
- Implement and manage solar project Safety program for the construction of roads, foundations, high voltage electrical works, substations and solar arrays.
- Work with the Safety Manager, Project Manager, and Construction Manager to ensure that resources required for safety program implementation are made available.
- Effectively perform audit, inspection, and surveillance activities in accordance with the project safety program and pertinent legislation
- Work with the project team that continuously assesses the Safety of the work performed, track and assure corrective actions are completed in accordance with Signal Energy’s Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Investigate and document all accidents, incidents, and near misses, and report them to the company Safety Manager per Signal Energy policy.
- Champion safety achievement and performance improvement throughout the project.
- Assist the company Safety Manager in developing and maintaining a site specific safety plan, including emergency action, response, evacuation, and security plans.
- Communicate and implement Signal Energy’s Safety Policies and Procedures for all personnel under Signal Energy’s authority on the project site.
- Ensure that all project personnel have the requisite safety training pertinent to their scope of work.
- Constantly solves problems and resolves issues through face to face and personal communication.
- Physical demands include all actions required to successfully perform the essential functions of the job which include mobility on and around construction sites, ability to climb ladders, working at height, and occasionally lifting or moving up to 25 pounds
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Knowledge of technical and safety management aspects of all project construction activities
- Knowledge of public and construction safety and security issues and legislation
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application, and use in problem solving
- Must be able to understand, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements applicable to the project scope of work. This includes, but is not limited to, Federal and State WHS legislation
- Ability to lead and coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time effectively
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently and efficiently under limited supervision
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell or predict when something is wrong; able to revise and adapt as necessary
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and independently
- Computer literacy and basic knowledge of MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in construction safety management or related area
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a construction Safety role
- Experience must include large commercial/multi-disciplined/industrial, utility, civil, highway/road, high voltage electrical solar or wind energy projects.
- Experience in managing, organizing, directing, and leading construction Safety preferred
- Experience in investigating, documenting, and developing corrective actions for accidents, incidents, and near misses
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and enforcing project environmental protection plans
- External/Internal proven safety auditing experience and knowledge of WHS Legislation
Certificates / Licenses:
- Certificate IV in Work, Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work, Health and Safety (preferred)
- Level 2 First Aid