Signal Energy Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Superintendent - Australia
at Signal Energy Constructors
# of openings:
Imagine yourself being a part of something special from ground zero. An opportunity help build a company from the ground up and helping to guarantee the success of renewable energy projects. You can be a part of making the Signal Energy Australia team the strongest EPC contractor in Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and become a future leader.
As a member of Signal Energy Australia’s site team, you will be a key catalyst in ensuring that our projects continue to be built safely, with first class quality, and that the company continuously improves in the process. This is your opportunity to harness your creative energy, using your skills, experience and obsession for a job well done to benefit Signal Energy Australia, our customers and a cleaner energy world.
Our Company is searching for a Mechanical Superintenent for Solar Projects. Mobilization for these projects would be several months from now. Our Corporate office is located in Manly, NSW; however the position will require temporary relocation to work on the project sites, wherever they are located. We are not looking for contract or temporary employees, but rather creative professionals that are looking to be a long term part of our work family.
Reports to: Construction Manager
Works closely with: Project Manager, Site Safety Manager, Site Quality Manager, QA/QC Inspectors, Project Engineers, Estimators, Owners, Engineers, & Subcontractors.
Activities/ Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Works with the Project Manager, Construction Manager, and Estimating department during the pre-bid and buyout stage of each project.
- Supervision of all subcontractors involved that are assigned to the mechanical scope of the project. This involves the ability to build relationships with these parties and in turn leverage those relationships in order to promote accountability.
- Plan daily job activities, complete daily photos and reports, maintain a clean and organized office trailer and jobsite.
- Constantly solves problems and resolves issues through face to face and personal communication.
- Physical demands include all actions required to successfully perform the essential functions of the job which include mobility on and around construction sites, ability to climb 300’ ladder, working at height, and occasionally lifting or moving up to 40 pounds for a distance of 100 feet.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge for ALL mechanical aspects of a solar or wind project.
- Knowledge of public and construction safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application, and use in problem solving.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply IFC drawings and job specifications for all mechanical work.
- Knowledge of all project plans, specifications, drawings, submittals, and permit requirements.
- Ability to lead and coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently and efficiently under limited supervision.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell or predict when something is wrong; able to revise and adapt as necessary.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written communication skills, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and independently.
- Computer literacy and proficiency using MS Project and MS Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or 5+ years relevent trade experience.
- Experience in utility scale solar contruction preferred.
Experience in managing, organizing, directing, and leading all aspects of the mechanical scope for utility scale solar projects.
Experience with union and open shop site construction preferred.