Mueller Water Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Control Technician
at Mueller Water Products
The Mueller Company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and manufactures valves for water and gas systems, including iron gate, butterfly, tapping, check, plug, and ball valves, as well as dry-barrel and wet-barrel fire hydrants; pipe repair products, such as clamps and couplings used to repair leaks, as well as municipal castings, including manhole covers and street drain grates; and residential and commercial water meter products and systems. It also offers metering, leak detection, pipe condition assessment, and other products and services for the water infrastructure industry, as well as provides installation, replacement, and maintenance services on new and existing valves, fire hydrants, and service lines.
Supports Operations through process monitoring, measuring, and statistical data analysis. Dimensional layouts in support of continuous improvement and validation of design. Quality Management System (ISO 9001;2015) audits. Support third party auditors through inspection and testing.
- Support quality processes and testing methods to define finished product and process capabilities and to establish standards to confirm the manufacturing process and results.
- Conduct system and/or process audits.
- Conduct part/product audits.
- Aide in Analysis using statistical methods.
- Aide in Developing error detection, error proofing, and quality improvement tools and methods.
- Conduct Receiving Inspection of items purchased from outside vendors to determine conformance to specifications.
- Conduct gauge calibration as needed and maintain gauge calibration system.
- Maintain the disposition of non-conforming material.
- Assist with all third party Audits.
- Collect, analyze and summarize data, information and trends to prepare product and process reports.
- Maintain product and process data through identified computer programs.
- Support manufacturing and engineering by providing data and information and answering questions and providing solutions as requested.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participation in related professional organizations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma tools.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- Strong, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
- Experience in manufacturing environment in computer aided drafting.
- Experience and knowledge of Quality Assurance Manufacturing techniques.
- GD& T experience and ability to read drawings preferred.