Mueller Water Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Operations Manager
at Mueller Water Products
Mueller Water Products – IT Operations Manager
Mueller Water Products, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an immediate opening for an IT Operations Manager to maintain and configure Business Systems serving all Mueller Water Products facilities. The IT Operations Manager performs technical work installing, maintaining and providing second level support for ERP systems applications, manufacturing systems, and servers. In addition, this person will support project work for the ongoing JD Edwards ERP System migration and implementation of third party applications. This position is based in the Company’s Chattanooga, TN plant location.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries hardware, LPAR’s, RPG, Operating Systems, and general administration
- Develop detailed step by step documentation for procedures where none exist.
- Fluent user of JDE E1 Development Tool Set
- Ability to manage time to accommodate regular administration and project work
- Manage one direct report and contractors as required
- Normal travel is less than 25% but during major projects travel can increase to 50%+
- Ability and desire to learn new applications and operating systems as required
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne CNC experience preferred
- Manufacturing industry I.T. experience preferred
- Halcyon (Help Systems) Systems & Applications Health Monitoring Tool
- Data System International (DSI) Inventory Management Application
- Kronos Time Keeper Application
- Oracle Linux, Database, WebLogic experience a plus
- 5+ years I.T. experience in iSeries support, and systems administration
- Experience resolving ERP System’s problems ensuring maximum system uptime. Supporting ERP system change management and SOX compliance processes.
- Monitor the system performance and works with appropriate team members to improve /troubleshoot issues.
- Experience scheduling/performing maintenance window off hours upgrades and patching to minimize production downtime.
Applicants not meeting the “Required Qualifications/Experience” above will not be considered for this position. Mueller encourages only those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply.
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Overtime and travel may be required on an intermittent basis. This position is salaried exempt and does not qualify for overtime pay.
Individuals interested in this position should apply through the Mueller Water Products’ Career Portal (https://mwpcareers.silkroad.com/). Resumes mailed, faxed, or dropped off will not be reviewed. Mueller Company will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. No recruiter contacts please.
Mueller Water Products offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, long-term disability and supplement insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.