D&S Community Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at D&S Community Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123ffebc-06c9-4bab-a94a-d2f6456ed425
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order and review medications to ensure they are correct and accurate against physician orders from the pharmacy.
- When medication dose change occur, ensure the medications arrive to the office in time to get to the pharmacy for repackaging and then back to the house within 24 hrs or less.
- Review all Medication Administration Records (MARs), count sheets, current orders, and side effects. Ensure they are correct per current physician orders and State guidelines.
- Monitor medication variances. Send reports on variances to the Department of Intellectual and Development Disabilities (DIDDs), physicians and designated company personnel as instructed and required.
- Review daily, all Med Encounters to assure doctor’s orders, medications, and/or procedures are addressed.
- Assist the Medical Service Manager in oversight, reviewing Med Encounters forms, weight and bowel movement records, ensuring that annual assessments, lab, and physician recommendations are completed and are following-up as required.
- Assist the Medical Service Manager with staff meetings and follow-up communication with LPN’s as needed.
- Assist the Medical Service Manager with finding new physicians and getting medications orders and medications arranged for new admissions.
- Assist the Medical Service Manager with nursing assessments, referring to physician or emergency room as needed.
- Write seizure protocols, get MD signatures, and perform training on the protocols. Follow-up on reported seizures by assessing the consumer, getting labs as indicated, follow-up with physician if needed, and further training of staff as needed.
- Assist with writing Monthly Medical Summaries on all consumers.
- Perform medical training for Team Leaders and Direct Care Staff as needed.
- Assist the Medical Service Manager in reviewing nursing notes for accuracy and ability to bill.
- Prepare required documentation for psychopharms and schedule meetings with DIDDs as required.
- Randomly observe the passing of med by Direct Care Staff.
- Assist with completing hearing assessments on all consumers.
- Take monthly vital sign as ordered by the consumer’s physicians and report to physician, results as directed.
- Assist in communicating to ISC, conservators, and family members changes in the service recipient’s medical status as needed.
- Assist in educating direct care staff on individuals’ medical issues and when and who to notify if needed.
- Obtain orders for services requested by ISC, and Case Managers.
- Help maintain Home MAR books and Day Program MAR books – current orders, correct MAR’s, and side effect sheets.
- Make sure all homes and vehicles have Med Guideline Procedures and complete First Aid Kits.
- Maintain LPN’s files for all information needed for PSS Licensure. Maintain database to track due dates for LPN licenses, TB skin tests, hepatitis info, etc.
- Ensure all information on consumers required for the PSS license is updated and available, i.e., plans of care.
- Schedules LPN’s for the houses. Ensure coverage for PTO and emergency absences.
- Assist with monthly billing for nursing.
- Attend COS meetings as needed to discuss medical consumer issues.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in dealing with consumers, family members, guardians, and other outside professionals.
- Respond timely to requests for paperwork.
- Follow and administer Company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including; walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Must be able to safely lift, transport, and transfer consumers, which may include but not be limited to lifting and transferring in and out of a bathtub, vehicle, bed or wheelchair, as appropriate and needed to assist with the consumer’s assisted daily living skills.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Tennessee or Compact State.
- Good reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with others, exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, understand and follow instructions, and express ideas in English in a professional manner.
- Special consideration given to applicants with previous experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and meet D&S’ driver eligibility requirements.
- Acceptable background check.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds routinely.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
- Able to pass all required training.