Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales - Clinical Account Manager - NPWT
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Sales Field
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This position is primarily responsible for selling and servicing Apria products and services at their assigned hospitals and medical groups. This includes generating clinical demand, facilitating discharge of patients from Acute Care settings, providing education on usage of therapeutic equipment for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) to patient and caregivers, procuring required paperwork for billing and coordinating logistics of equipment for home delivery with patient and branch staff. This position will work with the Director of Wound Care to develop and execute specific strategies and tactics to achieve sales (quarterly quota), customer satisfaction and profitability goals. The applicant must be highly motivated, flexible, and sales/service oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts daily sales calls to high potential case managers, doctors and other sales targets in assigned accounts as determined by Director of Wound Care.
- Creates and maintains call plans to qualify new and maintain existing referrals to grow the business
- Enters call plan and outcomes into the CRM system
- Partners with the Director of Wound Care to review call plan to achieve strategic goals
- Collaborates with case managers, payers, referral sources, home health agencies and Apria intake staff to facilitate discharges
- Obtains supportive documentation for clinical and financial patient care management
- Provides patient/caregiver initial education and documentation around usage of equipment and/or supplies for wound care and other therapies
- Communicates follow-up information to case managers after patient discharge
- Identifies on-site educational opportunities with hospital staff
- Provides continuing education programs as needed to on-site hospital and payer case managers
- Identifies and develops strategic relationships within the institution that will enhance patient care
- Facilitates communication amongst all members of the patient care team
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care
- Participates in the institution's quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives as requested
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian or Registration/Certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) in appropriate state of practice with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Conduct clinical patient care when current licensure as a Registered Nurse or a Registration/Certification Respiratory Therapist is held, in appropriate state of practice.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Four-year college degree with two years of medical sales experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Successful completion of Apria’s training and competency assessments
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Learn and comply with all Department of Transportation requirements determined for use of Apria vehicles
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training and development
- Geographically located within the assigned territory
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet