Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unpaid Internship - Events
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer’s Association provides a variety of education, information, support services, and advocacy to persons with dementia, their families, healthcare professionals and the community. As the number of persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease escalates, there is an increased demand for programs and services.
With this demand, the Alzheimer’s Association also requires more funding to provide these needed services. This intern position is needed to assist with the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature events, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s® and The Longest Day®.
During regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; Flexible Schedule with a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
The Tennessee Chapter with opportunities available in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Kingsport
This Internship is unpaid and reports to the Development Managers of each event.
Length of Commitment:
Spring Semester (January-May)
Summer Semester (June-August)
Fall Semester (August - December)
Essential Job Functions:
Job functions will vary based on semester and the timeline/tasks associated with that time frame.
- Be knowledgeable about mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and how Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day fuels that mission.
- In coordination with Walk Manager, develop a plan of action to ensure logistical needs are met both prior to and during event.
- Work to secure in-kind donations including water, refreshments, food, entertainment and other critical onsite needs.
- Coordinate vendor contracts including; table and chair rentals, tents, portable restrooms, transportation, equipment, decorations, start/finish line, staging, and signage.
- Assist in outreach to donors, businesses, sponsors, and volunteers by phone and mail for engagement in the Association’s signature events
- Assist with mailings and package assembly
- Attend designated and promotional local Association events, event wrap-around event and assist staff as necessary
- Tackle area strategies through research
- Data entry and clean up
- Other duties as assigned
- Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university.
- Preferred majors: Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Parks and Recreation (not required additional majors will be considered).
- Car and driver’s license are required (will reimburse approved mileage).
- This position requires an individual to be self-motivated and committed to seeing a project from start to finish.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A tech savvy approach and willingness to learn
- Ability to work with limited supervision, as well as, with Association staff
- Strong organizational and customer service skills are a must, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Training will be provided on the job by Supervisor.
Measurable goals will be established by Supervisor.